Steam is a great way to use essential oils. Most people don't have full body sauna's but we can still enjoy the simple Facial Sauna.
1) Heat water and set the pan or (pour water in a bowl) where you can sit comfortably next to it. (On the kitchen table is a good place).
2) Place about 8 drops of an essential oil in the steaming water.
3) Place a towel over the back of your head, place your face over the steam and then pull the end of the towel around the pan to help capture the steam.
4) Hold your face about 12 inches away from the water and close your eyes. Some essential oils an easily irritate your eyes.
5) Steam for about a minute or so, then remove your head and take a few fresh breaths of air.
6) Go back under the towel again. Repeat the covering & uncovering for 5 to 10 minutes at the most.
You can use this steam method for inhalation of essential oils should you have a cold or other upper respiratory infection or irritation.
Using a drop of eucalyptus or peppermint will quickly open your airways.
Just about any oil can be used to give a facial sauna. Please check sensitivity if you are not sure you could have a reaction.
Lavender, Jasmine, Geranium, Neroli, Rose and Ylang ylang.
Chamomile, Helichrsym and of course, Lavender.
You can always blend a couple drops of these and other oils to make a favorite blend!
When finished with the sauna, rinse your face with cool (not cold) water and pat dry with a soft cloth. Apply lotions or creams as you normally would!
All the products listed in the article are available at our Shopping Site.
For all your aromatherapy needs please visit us on line:
We carry over 110 Single note Essential oils for your aromatherapy needs. A variety of sizes to fit every budget.
We have a large selection of diffusers for all your
diffusing needs. Here is one of our
Terra Cotta Diffuser.
Great to place in all your personal spaces. Read more about using them in your shower, closet, car and MORE!!